~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 - The Year that Levels and Evens?

2011 is turning out to be a good year for people who have been sincere and earnest for long. ~ E.G. , Barrack Obama (eliminating Osama after a decade of continuous chase), Sachin Tendulkar (lifting the CWC 2011 on his 6th WC appearance), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (winning CWC 2011 within 4 yrs of becoming the captain).. .. .. .. the list goes on where I can very well add a few of my friends too .. and last but not the least Sourav Ganguly getting to play IPL 4 in his protege Yuvraj's team :)


Let me add the name that has proved again that 2011 is THE year for the sincere and earnest - Mamata Banerjee (i.e. the TMC +Cong alliance headed by her) emerges victorious in the 2011 Assembly Elections by winning a total of 227 seats! :) She has prevented the formation of the 8th Left front Government and has sworn in as the new Chief Minister of West Bengal. The day she walked in to the Writers' Building as the new CM, we were all reminded of the day when she was beaten and dragged out of there by the police at the orders of the then CM Buddhadeb Bhattacharya.

No comments:

Post a Comment