~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Friday, August 28, 2015

Shankarda

A place I just loved.. would love to go back, again.. ♥

Located 15 kilometers away from Jamshedpur, in Potka of Jharkhand, Shankarda is a beautiful place. "The Weekend" resort here is owned and run by two ex-servicemen Mr Ashit Bhowmik and Mr Barun Kr Barikdar (one ex-airforce and another ex-navy), people who have never had any experience with the hospitality industry. As a result of which, the staff they have hired have no hotel management degree. The entire resort is manned with Santalis and Adivasis from the adjoining areas. They hardly understand what you say, but they give the most innocent of grins. They are humble and honest people who touch your hearts with their cordial nature. The hotel owner takes trouble to charge your camera, when there is no point in the resort where the plug goes in. Courtesy his effort, I was able to click all of the Bhalopahar pics and most of the Dimna pics. The down-to-earth staff made huge pots of mud for the saplings my Mom chose to bring with her. The owner based in Kolkata calls up to apologize for the electricity problems. I wish they retain this rustic innocent touch if and when I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment