~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Thursday, November 12, 2015

BhaiPhonta 2015

A very strange BhaiphnoTa Day.. I guess, as we will grow older and older, we will lose people closely associated with each of our festivals and hence the festivals will lose color and glitter.. and we will have to decipher new meanings of festivals and functions..

I am glad that I was a witness to and integral part of Baba's last BhaiphnoTa.. memories that would remain etched in my mind.. my oblivious Baba, quiet, but realizing everything.. loving the fish fry and biriyani made by his dear sister.. and eating every bit of those .. all those meticulous arrangements made by my Pisi's amazing daughter-in-law.. a day that I will never ever forget.. I can feed you Biriyani for hours Baba, no matter, how slowly you chew and swallow.. I just need to get the chance again..

No comments:

Post a Comment