~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Monday, December 14, 2015

Dutta Vs Dutta

I have never thought much of Anjan Dutt-the film director.. hence, today I started watching Dutt V/S Dutt with very low expectations.. the moment the movie ended, the spontaneous reaction that sprung out of me was "Lovely!".. I am no one to remark whether it is one of the best autobiographical movies in Bangla or whether it is one of the best films I have ever watched on a father-son relationship.. however, the manner in which the Naxalbari movement-period, the 70-s, that old Calcutta, the north Calcutta ambience have been created deserve nothing but tons of accolades... Each character has been portrayed excellently, a special mention must go to Anjan Dutt himself, who plays his father here, the young boy named Ranodeep (playing Anjan here) who wins hearts with his natural performance, Srijit Mukherji, Shankar Chakraborty and Kaushik Sen. What a lovely actor Srijit is! I have never seen a performance where he seems to be "acting". The others like DIpankar Dutta, Manasi SInha, and Rita Koiral also do perfect justice to the roles.. No matter how much I write about the movie, I will not be able to express how though-provoking, intriguing, and enjoyable I found it.. It will remain with me as the best ever Anjan Dutt film I have watched.. What an environment and background to grow up in.. such stories and sub-plots plugged in every corner of life.. Nothing can make such good fiction as life itself! The moment when my heart skipped a beat was when Rano tried to catch his unwell father's gaze and interest, while announcing the news of Mrinal Sen selecting him for a movie, in the same manner as my brother and I do with our dad. I will remember Anjan Dutt-the director for this one film alone. I hope many will agree. Looking forward to see many wonderful performances from Ranodeep Bose in future, and from Neel as well! Feeling so happy for Senior Dutt getting to know that he was able to do what he wanted as a child.. his leaving St. Paul's did not matter.. He found his film in this city, the city of joy ..

No comments:

Post a Comment