~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

aprill 13 th -- 2016 -- last day of the Bengali Year

The morning began with the happy news that the plants in our terrace garden, particularly the pink Ixora plant, that we thought had died in our absence (due to lack of water), are all showing signs of life... The Ixora which was in a pathetic state is giving birth to new leaves! We had taken it under a shade and been watering it profusely since the day we had returned.. seems the nursing is getting rewarded! The wonder called nature! Both Ma and I were elated!
Then I got the worrying news that my grand-nephew Rio is suffering from severe stomach upset over the last 9 days or so and is losing weight.. feeling really worried about the little kid, he is too small.. May he get well soon.

And then there was an earthquake around 7-35 pm in the evening.. measuring 7 in the Richter Scale.. the epicenter being at Mayanmar.. April, the scary month of earthquakes.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment