~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Wonder why Arshinagar was a flop?!

I started watching the movie around 10 pm, almost an hour after it had started.. As the movie progressed, I kept wondering why the movie had gone down as a flop! The dialogues are only in rhymes.. there is not a single dialogue in the movie that is not in rhyme with its previous or next line! I do not know whether the dialogues have all been written by the director Aparna Sen or by someone called Sayan Biswas.. but, whoever has written them has done a brilliant job!
The actors comprising Waheeda Rahman, Rupa Ganguly, Kaushik Sen, Jisshu Sengupta, Anindya, are all brilliant. Ritika does a good job, while Dev impresses as he had impressed in Buno Hnaash.
It is the same old story of Romeo Juliet on which films like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Ram Leela have been made. But, the movie never feels boring, mundane, or familiar. The songs and the dialogues make the movie so refreshing! A Big Thumbs Up to Debojyoti Mishra for the music.
Would like to watch the entire movie from start to finish, sometime soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment