~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A bed

A bed is much more than a bed to children.. came across beautiful rhymes by Sylvia Plath accompanied by lovely illustrations by Quentin Blake .. the sketches and the rhymes remind me of our childhood days Ranabir Ray,Supratik Majumdar when we used to imagine that the bed was the train on which we three adventurous hunters were traveling and fighting villains who always ended up "killing" Pikludada who would ask me to shut his eyelids just as he had seen in films..tongue emoticon .. Children always imagine the bed to be their kingdom, I guess .. at least that is what I have fathomed from my experiences with Boju, Betu, Kuhu, and Tiplu.

http://www.brainpickings.org/…/the-bed-book-sylvia-plath-q…/

No comments:

Post a Comment