~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The poetry of days and nights

Had the fortune of catching this movie on television last week.. A unique and curious film.. Why I call it "curious" can be explained only when you watch it... Never knew until today that it had got two National Awards.. the lean, petite, young Madhabi Mukherjee with her superlative acting talents mesmerize in this film, just as she does in Baaishe Shrabon and Charulata (but to much greater depths here) .. She deserved and won the National Award for Best Actress for her performance here and the film had won the National Film Award for Second Best Feature Film ..After reading the archives I know why "Mastermoshai" looked so familiar.. He was none other than Kanu Banerjee of Pather Pachali (Harihar) fame.. Anjana Bhowmik (named Ananda) and Basanta Chowdhury also keep haunting.. Thanks to the movie channel for gifting me a film I never knew existed..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dibratrir_Kabya

No comments:

Post a Comment