~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Aaj toh morey geleo kono dukkho nei

Thanks to Sreemoyee Piu Kundu for being kind enough to invite me to the launching of her 3rd baby "You've Got the Wrong Girl".. Thanks to Baba for the name "SheoRa-Gaachher Petni", and thanks to myself for introducing myself to the world with this name grin emoticon
After the beautiful readings by EKavali Khanna and Joy Sengupta got over, and Srijit Mukherji and Sreemoyee Piu Kundu's discussion got over, and after we were treated to two beautiful songs by Paroma Banerjee and Lagnajita Chakraborty, everybody present was ready to mingle. As I stretched my hand to Paroma and said "We talk on Facebook", she was instantly all-smiles and exclaimed. "I know you! Yes, I know you!" I asked, "naam-Ta balo toh?".. and she said mischievously "SeTa ki ekhane bola uchit habe?". I knew instantly that she indeed got who I was tongue emoticon
Well, the next person was Satrajit Sen smile emoticon.. I told him, "We speak on FB.. and err I have a rather strange name".. He asked the name and the moment I uttered the words SheoRa-Gaachher Petni, he smiled broadly and said "Yes. I know you" smile emoticon A similar kind of conversation followed with sweet little Lagnajita, who only yesterday has received some advice from me regarding applying a particular thing on her forehead smile emoticon Everybody seemed to know me by that pet name given by Baba!
It was also nice speaking to dancer Sudarshan Chakravorty, a warm and sweet person!
After having met and spoken to Sreemoyee and her warm, affectionate Mom, I tried to say a little "hello" to my fav film director Srijit Mukherji. He was surrounded by a crowd, as expected, and I felt crestfallen as I had missed the opportunity of speaking to him at the KLM as well. He almost brushed past my shoulder, and yet I could not mane an entry.
But, YAY!! A few minutes later, I again found him at the back of the hall, and mustered all my courage and raised my voice a little to utter his name. ANd he turned towards me smile emoticon .. I blurted out that "I watch almost all your movies and always try to write to you on FB messenger and on the timeline about how I liked it!" He kept saying, "Thank you so much".. then, I said, " I have a rather unfamiliar name on FB.. it is SheoRa-Gaachher Petni!" Srijit Mukherji nodded and gave the biggest and the most spontaneous smile, which again made it clear that the notoriety of my name is widespread smile emoticon
Now coming to Sreemoyee's book launch, I wish all the best to the book! The parts and snippets that were read out were quite fascinating, to say the least.
Our family has had a jinx with Sreemoyee's book launch, not that the poor writer or her books have anything to do with it. It was on the morning of the launch of Sreemoyee's second book "Sita's Curse" that my father had the accident from which he never recovered. That morning, when he was admitted at Ruby General Hospital, he vehemently refused and kept on saying that he had a book launch to attend in the evening. That was a time when I did not know Sreemoyee a bit. Only my father and brother, being the architects of her new home at Jodhpur Park, were known to her. Much later, when Baba was bedridden in his oblivious state, I had connected with Sreemoyee on FB. I had gone upstairs to Baba and said, "It was her first book launch that day, was it not, Baba?". He said, "No. Maybe, the second." - which, I found out later, was correct. Even when only 40% of his brain was working, he did not miss details..
Baba, I went to Sreemoyee's 3rd launch today, and you know what I spoke to Srijit Mukherji!
Aaj toh morey geleo kono dukkho nei grin emoticon
All humble, warm, down-to-earth people they are! Bengal's culture is in good hands..

No comments:

Post a Comment