~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Friday, January 22, 2016

Attending the Kolkata Literary Meet -- Jan 22, 2016

Enjoyed the sessions that I attended at the Kolkata Literary Meet today!Ratnaboli Ray-di, you are a wonderful anchor! The Kolkata-r Indradhnush session participated by Sujoy Prosad Chatterjee, Manabi Bandopadhyay, and Sudarshan Chakrabarty was an immensely enjoyable one! Loved meeting Anuradha Sen-didi!

The second session that I attended had my favorite poems Mandakranta Sen and Srijato Bandyopadhyay in conversation with Angshuman Kar. Every statement they made was almost worth making a quotation.

Although I have never felt interested about AMish's trilogies and had no intention of attending his session, I caught quite a major part of it and God! I was intrigued! SUch awe-inspiring depth of knowledge about our mythology along with a surprising passion for science! My biggest discovery today has been AMish whom I wish to read.

Last, but not the least, today's ultimate session was on Her Story of Partition again anchored by Ratnaboli-di. The Panelists were our very own Srijit Mukherji, Anam Zakaria from Pakistan, and Farah Ghaznavi from Bangladesh! Hard-hitting and spine-chilling facts as those which have been shown in Rajkahini came up in Anam's compilation that she has put together after interviewing survivors of the Partition including cricketer Intekhab Alam .. facts that stunned the audience and made everybody numb for a few moments..
I have never been much of an autograph-hunter.. despite getting opportunities, I have not taken autographs from Gulzar Saab. Nabanita Dev sen, Sachin Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Soumitra Chattopadhyay, or Hariprasad Chaurasia.. However, today I could not resist myself and asked Mandakranta and Srijato for autographs and they sweetly obliged.. tongue emoticon
If I am not wrong, the Kolkata Literary Meet had started five years back and I always knew that it was an elite affair where common people like us could not enter. This was the first time, courtesy my friend SUjoy, I got to know that it was open to all.. and then on visiting, I realised that everyone from the audience could participate in the Q&A sessions as well..
A bad miss for me today was missing Imtiaz Ali and Aditya Vikram Sengupta, two directors I love, in conversation. ANother miss was an autograph from the maker of "Autograph" smile emoticon
It was a cold day today, and it became more and more chilly after the sun set. The stunning Victorial Memorial, the beautiful gardens, the august ambiance, ensured that it was a day that would be remembered. Well.. days spent at that place are always remembered, irrespective of how old the memories are .. :)

2 comments: