~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Monday, January 4, 2016

Meeting Ritu after 4 Years and 1.5 Months

A day spent with a 2.5-year-old and a 1.3 year-old.. I am a Masi to the first one and a Didimasi (Grand-aunt) to the latter.. It was my first meeting with my Naati Rio .. and a meeting after more than 4 long years with my dear NieceShahana Sen.. The last goodbye that we had waved each other was on a cold night at a small town, I standing on a hotel foyer and she waving me goodbye from the car that carried my family and relatives.. a lot has transpired since then, our lives changing in more ways than one.. a lot of previously close relationships have changed too.. hopefully, not the bond that Shahana and I shared.. I am sure Baba is very happy today from wherever He is, seeing his dear Naatini-Putini visit our place for the first time after her marriage, with her tiny son..

No comments:

Post a Comment