~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2014

Going Back to School always feels like Going Back to Where I Belong.. Maybe that is the only place in this wide big world where I have ever actually belonged..Visiting each and every classroom of mine and Koyel's (except VII) as Annexe was closed, visiting my favorite place - the library which I still feel is the best one a school can have, the smell of the black-leather-bound golden-lettered books from where I first read Nancy Drew to Pride and Prejudice, the laboratories and the pungent smell of the Chemistry lab, meeting Kinkar-da at Bio-lab, visiting the seminar hall with memories of Mr I Guha's English Poem classes and dance practices of Class X) , all the stairs and corridors that have so many unforgettable memories and moments.. meeting favorite teachers like Anindita Aunty, Dipti Aunty, Romi Aunty, Sharmila Dey Sarkar, Sharmila Dutta Bose, Anuradha Aunty, Roma AUnty, Sukanya Burman .. meeting mates like Indraajit Roy (maybe after 21 years), Ritwik Ganguly(after 19 years), Krishnakoli Ray (after 10 yrs, met her last in 2004 during school's 50-yr celebrations), Rukma Basu (after 19 years, I dont think I v ever met her though we live nearby), and the celebrated Sujoy Prosad Chatterjee .. missed @Koyel,Sweta Bose, Jayeeta Dutta, and Paromita Banerjee badly..
Love you, South Point.. love the memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment