~

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
Jane Austen

Monday, January 4, 2016

January 3, 2014

Had the privilege of attending the warm and beautiful memorial on the 3rd Death Anniversary of Smt Suchitra Mitra..arranged by her daughter Firaangi DesiSudeshna-di at her own cozy place..conducted by the veterans and prominent singers of Rabitirtha pRaktoni.. wonderful memories shared by people who had been the legendary singer's disciples since 1950-s and 1960-s!! @Agnibho Bandyopadhyay, Subeer Mitra (ABP), and Subrata Mukherkee were so eloquent and articulate in their narrations.. Songs were wonderful bearing the emphatic Suchitra Mitra lineage.. I dont know whether I would ever again get to hear Purba Dam on stage, age does take its toll..Memories shared by the veterans were oozing with emotions..the songs sung in reverse by Subrata are never to be forgotten.. Loved the young-age picture of my most favorite Rabindrasangeet singer Suchitra Mitra..She can go nowhere.. She, in her indomitable voice, has always urged me "Jodi tor Daak shune keu naa aase tabe eklaa chalo re.."

No comments:

Post a Comment